|OpenEdge Release||Version Information|
|11.3.2, 11.3.4, 11.4, 11.6.2, 11.6.3, 11.7, 11.7.1||Release 11.3 #42784@2017-07-31|
We are now fully supporting OpenEdge 11.7 and OpenEdge 11.7.1 with the SmartComponent Library framework!
Note.: We do no longer formally support OpenEdge 10.2B with the SmartComponent Library.
Following the release of the OpenEdge 11.7 Release we have completed our testing of the SmartComponent Library on this release of Progress and are proud to announce formal support for the SmartComponent Library on OpenEdge 11.7 with the 2017-04-24 release of the SmartComponent Library. Generally we recommend customers on OpenEdge 11 to upgrade to OpenEdge 11.7 quickly. Starting the 2017-07-14 release we are supporting OpenEdge 11.7 Service Pack 1 (11.7.1).
Starting the 2015-10-09 release the Business Entity Designer will feature a start page with links to most recent release note articles on this site.
With SCL-1113 we have modified the templates for SmartWindowForms and SmartTabFolderPages generated from the Business Entity Designer. We have removed the initialization of the viewer controls SmartTableIOState property (value was set to "NoDataSource" within the InitializeComponent method). Customers using their own set of templates should adopt the same fix to their templates.
New Versions of Proparse .NET Assemblies (18/June 2017)
We have updated proparse with further enhancements in this release (completed support for multi-tenancy related functions and SERIALIZABLE/NON-SERIALIZABLE keywords on class members). Please download the .NET Assemblies ZIP file from our ESD and replace the proparse.net.dll in your environment with the latest one. The new assembly reference is:
As proparse is used by our Business Entity Generator, this new version of the proparse.net Assembly is also relevant for customers not doing GUI for .NET development and require support for parsing new ABL language constructs.
Web Handler overview
This is an overview of the web handlers supported by this release
UTF-8 based deployments available
Starting August 14th 2016 we ship our source code also as UTF-8 encoded. The ZIP files ending with _utf8.zip contain the source code encoded with that code page. The source code in the remaining archives is still encoded in ISO8859-1. Also on Github there is a new branch containing the OpenEdge 11 based source code in UTF-8.
Related article (Progress K-Base): How to get Progress Developer Studio to save in UTF-8 encoding
New Feature Documentation
- JSON Configuration File Format
- Common Component Specification (CCS)
- BY-REFERENCE Access to Business Entity FetchData
- Implementing Service Interface Authorization for Business Entity Methods
- SmartComponents NG2 reference
- Legacy GUI FRAME Migration
- Proparse TreeView
- How to use appsrvtt.d with PASOE
- Executing SonarLint CLI from within PDSOE
- Inspecting User Table and Index Statistics
- How to use appsrvtt.d with PASOE
- JsonSerializable classes
- Updating .annotation files through an ANT Eclipse Builder
- [SCL-1846] - RemoveEntry method of ListHelper returns invalid list in certain cases
- [SCL-1817] - Implement JsonSerializable variant which is leveraging the built in JSON Serialization of OpenEdge 11.6/7
- [SCL-1843] - JSDO Generic Service: Implement support for Id based queries
- [SCL-1131] - Update ADM2 serviceadapter.p to latest Service Interface procedures
- [SCL-1840] - SmartRepositoryService.FetchRepositoryObject throws error when fetching child details
- [SCL-1842] - Re-Implement support for simple ABL Query String in the JSDO Generic Service
- [SCL-1844] - Update rendering of Angular dynamic viewers to include name attribute