|OpenEdge Release||Version Information|
|11.3.3, 11.3.4, 11.4, 11.6.2, 11.6.3, 11.7, 11.7.1, 11.7.2|
Release 11.3 #44811@2018-01-18
OpenEdge 11.7 Service Pack 2
We are announcing full compatibility with the Service Pack 2 for OpenEdge 11.7 (OpenEdge 11.7.2).
See further remarks below.
Deletion of SmartDataAdapters and BindingSources
In SCL-2019 we have changed the clean-up behavior of the SmartDataBrowser control when a Form is closed. After this change, the SmartDataBrowser will delete it's linked SmartDataSource (e.g. SmartBusinessEntityAdpater) instance and DataSource (binding source). In rare cases, where those instances may still be required after the form containing the browser have been closed, developers can set the following new property of the SmartDataBrowser to FALSE:
Your action may be required!
Announcing the SmartFramework ERD Designer
We are announcing the availability of the SmartFramework ERD Designer
Following the release of the OpenEdge 11.7 Release we have completed our testing of the SmartComponent Library on this release of Progress and are proud to announce formal support for the SmartComponent Library on OpenEdge 11.7 with the 2017-04-24 release of the SmartComponent Library. Generally we recommend customers on OpenEdge 11 to upgrade to OpenEdge 11.7 quickly. Starting the 2017-07-14 release we are supporting OpenEdge 11.7 Service Pack 1 (11.7.1).
Starting the 2015-10-09 release the Business Entity Designer will feature a start page with links to most recent release note articles on this site.
With SCL-1113 we have modified the templates for SmartWindowForms and SmartTabFolderPages generated from the Business Entity Designer. We have removed the initialization of the viewer controls SmartTableIOState property (value was set to "NoDataSource" within the InitializeComponent method). Customers using their own set of templates should adopt the same fix to their templates.
OpenEdge 11.7.2 compatibility
During our tests on OpenEdge 11.7.2 we have experienced two issues:
- [SCL-2007] - Correct support for WebHandler in CcsServiceManager
- [SCL-2008] - Closing SmartWindowForm causes crash on OpenEdge 11.7.2
We consider it mandatory for customers using OpenEdge 11.7.2 to use at least the release #44166@2017-11-27 of the SmartComponent Library.
Due to an fix for
- [SCL-1924] - SmartViewerControl: copy mechanism cannot cope with clob datatype
from Progress Software for in OpenEdge 11.7.2.001 we further recommend all customers to apply this hotfix as well.
New Versions of Proparse .NET Assemblies (05 November 2017)
We have updated proparse with further enhancements in this release (additional support for LIKE in function parameter definitions). Please download the .NET Assemblies ZIP file from our ESD and replace the proparse.net.dll in your environment with the latest one. The new assembly reference is:
As proparse is used by our Business Entity Generator, this new version of the proparse.net Assembly is also relevant for customers not doing GUI for .NET development and require support for parsing new ABL language constructs.
This version of proparse provides additional methods for refactoring purposes. The most recent code in the Consultingwerk.Studio package relies on those methods. It's therefore mandatory to update proparse to this version.
Web Handler overview
This is an overview of the web handlers supported by this release
UTF-8 based deployments available
Starting August 14th 2016 we ship our source code also as UTF-8 encoded. The ZIP files ending with _utf8.zip contain the source code encoded with that code page. The source code in the remaining archives is still encoded in ISO8859-1. Also on Github there is a new branch containing the OpenEdge 11 based source code in UTF-8.
Related article (Progress K-Base): How to get Progress Developer Studio to save in UTF-8 encoding
New Feature Documentation
- Searching data using ROWID's within the SmartBusinessEntityAdapter
- Business Entity Count Method
- SmartFramework ERD Designer
- Changes to the SmartDB and SmartDB upgrade and migration utility
- How to implement dynamic initial values
- How do I control the amount of details provided for error messages caused by our web handler
- Using custom log entry types
- Strong-typed Query Support
- Swagger REST API Documentation for RESTful Services
- Swagger REST API Documention for JSDO Generic Service
- Scaffolding utility for common utility classes
- RESTful services
- JSON Configuration File Format
- Common Component Specification (CCS)
- BY-REFERENCE Access to Business Entity FetchData
- Implementing Service Interface Authorization for Business Entity Methods
- SmartComponents NG2 reference
- Legacy GUI FRAME Migration
- Proparse TreeView
- How to use appsrvtt.d with PASOE
- Executing SonarLint CLI from within PDSOE
- Inspecting User Table and Index Statistics
- How to use appsrvtt.d with PASOE
- JsonSerializable classes
- Updating .annotation files through an ANT Eclipse Builder
- [SCL-2022] - Line breaks entered in the SmartMessage maintenance may end up as 0D 0D 0A
- [SCL-2044] - Security Assignment: Sort by Security Realm and Filtering on a single security item causes error
- [SCL-2047] - Issue with null values in AppServerStartupManager
- [SCL-2048] - SwaggerGenerator:GenerateSwaggerFile should not call ServiceInterface:Activate().
- [SCL-2049] - Unable to start SmartMessageForm directly from PDSOE
- [SCL-2058] - Fix typo in products.i
- [SCL-2024] - Add support for initializing the MockDataAccessFactory based on a parameter of the @Test annotation
- [SCL-2055] - Implement detailled logging output in DataAccess for error 11912
- [SCL-2056] - Provide a repository method to deep-copy an object master
- [SCL-2046] - Integrate Proparse Enhancement for "LIKE" Parameters
- [SCL-1826] - Unified AppServer setup
- [SCL-2032] - Implement ability to reference .pl file on .classpath
- [SCL-2034] - Swagger REST API Documentation for RESTful Services Error Handling
- [SCL-2037] - Improve usability of DatasetModels in loop
- [SCL-2057] - Import PROMSGS from OpenEdge 11.7.2 into SmartMessage Table
- [SCL-2059] - ds...Constants.i should be generated with :U